We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us and maintaining your trust is paramount to us.
What we are building : We aim to offer a range of services to our target audience (farmers) and the services include –
A. A social platform for farmers
We aim to create a social platform for farmers to connect with each other and get to know about the best farming practices by their fellow farmers. App users can perform activities including like, comment, facebook share and whatsapp share.
Users can also find and invite fellow farmers on the app to grow their network.
B. Weather information
Weather information and forecast is extremely critical to farmers to curb the risk of crop damage due to uncertainty in the weather.
C. Information about market rates for various crops
Majority of the farmers are dependent on local traders to sell their produce and often earn lesser margins due to lack of visibility on the market rates. We aim to increase transparency of the same to help farmers negotiate better terms for their produce.
D. Information about sellers of various farm inputs
To improve the discovery of sellers and better farm inputs.
E. Knowledge about various crops grown in India alongwith their region based cropping cycle
We aim to offer the most reliable information to a farmer for the crops in his region.
F. Guidance and support
We aim to offer you our best support and guidance in the field of farming and provide you guidance for better productivity/profitability.
We do hereby clarify that we will or any of the publishers on the app shall not be held liable for any damages direct or indirect caused to you while using or relying on the content published on this application. Any action taken by the user as per the answers/post/opinions received on the platform is based on their own discretion. Users are advised to fact check the opinions of the publishers on the platform.
Information we collect when you sign up on our app
Name, Phone number, Geolocation
Information you provide to us as you use our services -
Your photo to enrich the profile for other users to be able to identify you. You are free to leave that field blank, in that case your user profile will have a generic mascot photo created by us.
Photos of your plants – You may wish to upload photos of your plants in order to identify the disease in your crop and get resolution for the same. We will use the photos uploaded by you to train our deep learning model in future for better accuracy in the disease detection process.
Information we collect as you use our services
Device level information
We track your device info to understand if the app is running smoothly on all devices. We collect information like IP address, device’s name, device’s serial number or unique identification number (e.g. UDiD on Your iOS device), device operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed etc.
We track all activities you do on the app – like articles you read, videos you watch, profiles you visit, screens you open etc. to understand the users behaviour on the platform. We also read the list of installed app on the device, which helps us show you the most relevant ads and send you personalized offers.
If you are logged in, your activity data is mapped with your user id. If you are not logged in, a unique instance id will be generated for you and all your activity data will be mapped with the same.
Permissions we require from you to offer better services
1. SMS reading accessWe will only read you messages from VM-KRISHI (or equivalent) and will not read or store any of your other messages.
2. CameraCamera access is required to use one of our services – crop protection. You need to click a photo of your plant/crop to get the disease identification and its cure
3. Contact listGive us the permission to read your contact list in order to find friends for you on kisan network app. This will help you grow your network on the platform.Your contact list data will not be shared directly or indirectly with any 3rd party individual or organization without the consent from the user herself.
4. GeolocationWe need to track your geo-location for weather updates and to show the content on the app relevant to your region
5. Get accountsAllow us this permission to fetch your email id. Your email id will not be shared with any 3rd party individual or organization except facebook audience without taking your prior consent. This can be used to create a lookalike audience on facebook to run ads for Kisan Network app.
6. Photos/GalleryWe need this permission for one of the services – Crop protection. We create a folder in your gallery app with the name Kisan Network to keep all the photos uploaded by you on the app. The app will fetch photos from this folder only to list them and show you on the app under your profile only.
7. Information Others Provide About youWe receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message,send messages to groups to which you belong,or call you.
How will your data be used
1. To provide our services
The information provided by you help us deliver our services to you. For example, photos uploaded by you help us identify the plant disease and offer a cure. Your geo location data help us provide you weather information
2. To improve the quality of our services
The activities data we track help us understand which part of this app is not very user friendly or if there are any kind of bugs or issues in the app basis which we update or modify our services.
3. To help you grow your network on the platform
We believe in learning from community concept. Having a network of progressive farmers you can see or get to know their activities on the platform, can comment on their posts, etc. To build this network strong we track your contact list and bring more farmers on to the app.
4. To communicate with you
To send occasional SMS in case of a new feature release or other important update. We also send you push notification on the app if their is any new content or activity relevant to you. We may also send you emails in case there is any important update.
5. To show you personalized ads and get you the best offers/deals
We read the list of apps installed on your device for delivering the most relevant ads and offers to you. We share your contact number with the brands of the products that you show interest in.
Who else may have access to your data
We use multiple tools’ SDKs to understand the users behaviour on the app, to serve ads on the platform and to run optimised ad campaigns. These tools may have access to your activities and profile data fully or partially, depending on the nature of the tool and their use cases.
These tools include –
All the 3rd parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to us and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We hereby declare that we will provide your information to the authorities, department or people if it is required by law.
Deleting your data
For getting your profile removed, send us an email at [email protected] with ‘Remove my profile’ as subject and mentioning your phone number in the email body.
You get this option on the app. You may choose to remove your profile. This action will mark your profile as deleted in our system and will log you out from the app. This may take upto 48 hours to reflect in the system.
After removing your profile-
– You will not receive any communication from us on email or SMS
– You may continue to receive push notification if you keep the app installed on your device
– Any further profile data or activity data (in case you continue keeping the app installed on your device) will be mapped against a new app instance id or a new user id in case you choose to sign up again.
– Your posts and comments remain in the system but your name will be changed with a random user name (created by our system which may or may not be unique) and your profile picture will be changed with an icon created by us. So any past post or comment done by you will be discoverable on the platform but without your name and profile photo.
– Other users will not be able to follow you on the platform.
– You many choose to restore your account by writing at [email protected] with subject as “Restore account”. You will need to mention your earlier registered phone number with your request in the email.
Deleting Data from TheKrishi
For getting your data deleted,, send us an email at [email protected] with ‘Delete my data’ as subject and mentioning your phone number in the email body.
This action may take upto 7 working days to come into effect.
After deleting your profile data –
– All your profile info will be deleted from our system
– Any activity data mapped with your user id will be deleted from our system
– Some of your profile data and activity data are shared with 3rd party analytics tool which may not be deleted even after deleting permanently from our system.
– There will be no option to restore your account after deleting.
– You may choose to sign up again with the same phone number after deleting your account.
you will not be barred from any services offered by Krishi Network App but your past data will be lost.
To improve the responsiveness of the Platform, make the experience more seamless or enhance the effectiveness of our services, we may use “cookies”, or similar electronic tools to collect Information.
limitation of liability
We respect the privacy of our user and we maintain a secure system. But we will not be liable for any damages, direct or indirect, incidental or consequential, and any liabilities including for negligence, loss or damage, such as loss of revenue, unavailability of system or loss of data and loss of your Personal Information and for use of or inability to use Services of any kind that is offered or to provide indemnity or any other remedy to you or any third party.